WHS (Work Health & Safety)
What does WHS mean for your organisation?
Work health and safety (WHS), or workplace health and safety, is a legal requirement concerning all organisations in Australia where people are employed to work.
Across every industry, WHS standards exist to provide a safe workplace free from the risk of hazards which can be biological, mechanical, chemical or even psychological. WHS systems are a means of protecting staff and the community from these hazards, which can cause wide-ranging effects from injury to low morale and lost productivity.
What we do
Our WHS consultants will review your policies and procedures against current legislation and international standards in a collaborative process that involves:
- Auditing – identifying gaps in your WHS system and conducting site-based mandatory and voluntary WHS audits
- Intelex – Provision of Intelex WHS software solutions
- Hazard and risk registers – pinpointing hazards and risks associated with either a project or the organisation as a whole
- Risk assessment – determining the probability that risk will eventuate from a hazard
- Writing policies and procedures – using your existing policies & procedures or starting from scratch to develop effective policies
- Setting up WHS committees – a legal requirement if you have more than 15 staff
- Certification – enabling certification to international standards such as AS/NZS 4801 or OHSAS 18001 (which must be recertified every 3 years)
- Staff training – giving all levels of staff guidance and tools through in-house sessions and Intelex software training programs
- WHS Management Systems – we develop, or support our clients to develop, WHS management systems including those based on the Intelex WHS software solution
How we work
The diverse skill set of our team enhances our ability to clarify any occupational health and safety challenges you may be experiencing. Working with you over the long term, we’ll empower you to navigate ever-changing regulations.
Our professional team members have a strong reputation for providing accurate, non-biased advice. Working one-on-one with you, we’ll share our wealth of knowledge. Where appropriate, we can recommend an Intelex WHS software solution to assist with management of health and safety issues, and provide training and support to our Intelex customers.
The Intelex solution
Today’s regulatory landscape is in a state of constant change, and your business is facing new challenges as a result. Environmental management has become more than compliance and risk mitigation, and every organisation has its own unique risks and opportunities to address. We’re here to help you take the next step in that journey. The Intelex Performance Management System offers a complete software solution for environmental management including meeting the requirements of ISO 14001:2015. Intelex applications for environment, which includes the Intelex Platform, are shown in the diagram below. (Click to enlarge)
Call our Intelex Team for more information and advice regarding a suitable Intelex solution for your environmental management requirements on 02 4927 8500 or email Intelex@grahamabrown.com.au.
Who we work with
We work with large and small clients to provide effective and practical WHS solutions, including implementation of the Intelex WHS software which can be integrated with environment and quality management systems.