WHS (Work Health & Safety) Gap Analysis
A WHS gap analysis is a management tool used to identify strengths and weaknesses in an organisation’s WHS policies and procedures. Our detailed evaluation will provide a snapshot in time of your WHS management system, revealing anything you might have overlooked. From here, we can recommend corrective actions to ensure you comply with regulatory requirements and demonstrate due diligence.
How will a WHS gap analysis help your organisation?
A WHS gap analysis provides tangible benefits including:
- Streamlining processes for organisational efficiency
- Reducing the likelihood of fines, prosecution or improvement notices from your Regulator
- Preparing for recertification to standards such as AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001
- Reducing the likelihood of incidents and statutory reporting
- Reducing rising insurance premiums by mitigating accident or loss
- Help train your staff in workplace health and safety
Types of WHS gap analyses
We can conduct a general WHS gap analysis or base your analysis on specific criteria such as:
- Emergency and evacuation plans
- Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances
- Injury management
- Risk management
- Contractor management
- Certification to guidelines and standards such as AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001 as well as corporate standards, policies and procedures
How we work
A comprehensive analysis is most likely a combination of several methods including:
- Interviewing staff and management
- Reviewing documents such as risk assessment forms, safety hazard forms and testing/tagging checklists as well as corporate standards, policies and procedures
- Checklists or protocols
- Assessing the effectiveness of your WHS management programs
Depending on the scope required and the size of your organisation, an analysis can take anywhere from a day to several weeks. We can either do this on-site or take documents away with us for analysis.
Once we have gathered the necessary information, we’ll document our findings in a report that will include recommendations for corrective action.
Who we work with
Our audit team has worked in a range of industries including retail, manufacturing, government agencies, ports and aitports, aerospace and oil and gas and mining. We can apply our tested principles of WHS gap analysis to any workplace.